Welcome

"The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams" - Oprah

Whats up everyone, 


Just over a week from now I will embark on the adventure of a lifetime. On Monday I will leave the cold weather and snow in my hometown of Cincinnati, Ohio for the blazing summer in Sydney, Australia. I will be living in Sydney for a little more than three months. During these three months I will be working as an intern and taking a couple of classes through Australian Catholic University.

This adventure to Australia began in early August of last year. I had just completed a 6 month internship at Walt Disney World ® in Orlando, Florida. That experience was the time of my life and it had me starving for something more. I started looking into studying abroad and thought to myself if I could go anywhere in the world, where would I go? It didn't take long for me to settle on Australia.

I thought there was no way I could study abroad in Australia through Marshall University. Upon meeting with an employee of study abroad at Marshall I was told this year would be the first year of study abroad in Australia through a company by the name of CAPA. The interesting twist by going with CAPA was that they offered the opportunity to do an internship. When I heard that, I was sold on the fact that I could learn and develop as a professional internationally. I am the first business student at Marshall University to do an internship in Australia. 

From that point forward I was working with Marshall and CAPA to get everything set up. I never imagined how much work it would be to study internationally for 3 months. I filled out more forms during that couple of months than I had my entire life. 

My first intention of starting this blog was to communicate with family and friends. Its going to be tough to keep in touch as the time difference can be anywhere between 14-16 hours ahead. My intention now is to not only communicate with family and friends but to use this blog as an inspiration for current and future college students as well as avid travelers. So feel free to share this blog with whomever you think would be interested.

In the coming weeks and months check back often as I will be posting my favorite experiences with lots of pictures and videos. I have never been more excited for something in my life and I want to share that excitement with you. I want you to feel that you are right there with me during my journey. Since I have never been out of the country with the exception of Canada, I ask that you fasten your seatbelt as this is going to be one wild and crazy ride.
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

Miera Nadhirah said...

sounds interesting.. Have fun exploring a new country/city... and have lots of wonderful experiences...

Anonymous said...

We are really enjoying following your adventures! Kaye

Post a Comment