Happy Chinese New Year

"The fireworks begin today, each one of you is a fuse"


G'Day,



On Sunday we attended the Chinese New Year parade and got to see fireworks. Sydney has one of the biggest asian populations in the world since they are so close. Therefore the Chinese New Year here is one of the biggest celebrations in the world. I know very little about the Chinese New Year but it was a really neat night. I do know that the Chinese invented the firework and managed to see an awesome firework show. This year is the year of the bunny. Check out the pictures:









Fun Fact: Aussies don't say college they say uni. So I am 
considered a uni student while I am here

Category: 1 comments

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I taught my students about the Chinese New Year during our Christmas Around the World Unit. They learned all about the Zodiac animals!! :)

Post a Comment